January 13, 2017
An updated reference listing of Federal, State, County and City legislative laws, statutes, codes and ordinances
State of Florida references for Housing for Older Persons, HOPA, directory, requirements, registration and renewal.
Requirements For A Community To Be Considered A 55 Plus
Community Under Florida Law
Listing of Federal, State, County and City References That Are Applicable To EPROC
From Chick Shackewyc
80% - 20% Residency Law
Date: December 9, 2016
At the December 9th meeting discussions about the 80-20 residency law came up. Below are links to the applicable sections for each regulatory act/agency.
Federal Register 24 CFR Part 100
Florida Statute 760.24-760.37(4a)
New Law Regarding Rental Application by a Service Member
Date: December 9, 2016
Attached is a new Florida law, Section 83.683, which affects FS 718, 719 and 720 corporations. Click here.
2016 Revisions to Florida Statutes Affecting EPROC Communities
July 28, 2016
Chick Shackewyc has gathered the revisions to Florida Statutes regarding the Chapters that would be applicable to EPROC communities.
Click on the files below to see the actual revisions (these are .pdf files):
REVISION CODING: Words stricken are deletions; words underlined are additions
Attached is a .pdf file of the 2016 Table of Legislative changes to Florida Statutes 721 & 723 - click here.
(.pdf files are opened with Adobe Reader. Click here if you haven't already downloaded Adobe Reader - it's free and widely used).
Chick has combined the text for the entire Florida Statute for each of the 5 Chapters (718, 719, 720, 721, 723) for easy and printable reference.
- FS 718 - 2016 Edition
- FS 719 - 2016 Edition
- FS 720 - 2016 Edition
- FS 721 - 2016 Edition
- FS 723 - 2016 Edition
Here are links to the website for each above statute:
- Florida Statutes 2016:Chapter 718 Condominiums
- Florida Statutes 2016:Chapter 719 Cooperatives
- Florida Statutes 2016:Chapter 720 Homeowners' Associations
- Florida Statutes 2016:Chapter 721 Vacation Plans & Time Sharing
- Florida Statutes 2016:Chapter 723 Mobile Home Park Lot Tenancies
Tips from Chick on using the Florida Legislature website
- To find out what impacts your specific Florida Statute open the file and click on abode reader search (magnifying glass icon) and type in your statute number (i.e. 720)
- The link below will take you to F.A.C. website
To use the website here are a couple of suggestions:
1. If you type in 61B in the full text search box you will get a listi=g of all 61B codes sorted by the latest date. This is great for keeping track of all yearly legislative changes to the codes.
2. If you type in a specific 61B code, e.g. 61B-80, in the search by chapter number box you will get a listing of all 61B-80 codes.